Hospitality and sustainability. Two important topics which go hand in hand in Alta Badia
In Alta Badia, we are committed to promoting hospitality and sustainability as essential and interrelated concepts by tangible projects and measures.
In order to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment as much as possible, we try to reduce emissions and waste in everything we do and we are striving to enable our guests to experience the proposed events in a more sustainable, easy and attractive way.
Best practices in sustainable tourism
As a result of the collaboration with Etifor (a spin-off of the University of Padova), we have created a brief and well structured guideline of best practices in the area of soft tourism, which we intend to implement step by step.
Our Green Events
In accordance with our best practices, we organise numerous events whose planning, organisation and implementation all meet the following sustainability criteria:
• Electricity consumption sourced from entirely renewable energy sources is kept to a minimum;
• We always aim at choosing venues that can be reached on foot, by bicycle, public transport or lifts;
• Waste is reduced as far as possible. For instance, promotional material is printed exclusively in a light and optimised format on FSC-certified recycled paper;
• Easily accessible and identifiable waste collection points are provided nearby each venue;
• No plastic materials are used.
We analyse the climate impact following each event in order to support the protection of ecosystem in the "Adüm" area at the Campolongo mountain pass.