Sommelier on the slopes
The finest South Tyrolean wines on the Alta Badia ski slopes
12.12.2023 | 09.01 | 23.01 | 20.02 | 05.03 | 19.03.2024
For several years now, Alta Badia has become an Eldorado for connoisseurs. The combination of perfect slopes and the majestic backdrop of the Dolomites, UNESCO World Heritage site creates the ideal setting for an unforgettable gourmet experience.
The event "Sommelier on the slopes" offers great skiing on Alta Badia's slopes, combined with a sampling of South Tyrol's finest wines in various participating ski huts. Accompanied by a guide and an expert sommelier, you will ski from one hut to the other to taste several fine South Tyrolean wines.
For lovers of good wine and good food, a Special Edition of the event has been organised.
A ski instructor and a professional sommelier will accompany you on the slopes between the two tasting experiences. Vives!
The wines under tasting
- Alto Adige Sparkling Wine Pas Dosé Blanc de Blancs Praeclarus – Winery St. Pauls
- Alto Adige Terlano Pinot Blanc Eichhorn 2021 – Wine-growing estate Manincor
- Alto Adige Valle Isarco Aristos 2021 – Winery Kellerei Eisacktal
- Alto Adige Gewürztraminer Vigna Kolbenhof 2020 – Wine-growing estate J. Hofstätter
- Alto Adige Pinot noir Pinot Noir 2020 – Wine-growing estate Franz Haas
- Alto Adige Lagrein Riserva Gries 2020 – Winery Nals Magreid
The wine tastings are organised in cooperation with Alto Adige Wine and South Tyrol’s Sommelier Association and they will follow the classic scheme provided by AIS (Italian Sommelier Association) analyzing first the visual characteristics, then the olfactory one and finally the gustative one.
Alta Badia, the Dolomite region for epicurean holidays, supports, among other things, the responsible use of alcohol under the motto: taste, enjoy, but don't overdo it. Too much alcohol on the slopes slows down reflexes and can cause accidents even on the ski slopes.
Please remember, when skiing, the consumption of alcohol is permitted in moderate quantities, fines will be imposed if the alcohol level exceeds 0.5 per mille.