The Coz residence
The Coz residence is a short distance away from San Linert. The name "Coz" appears to be of pre-Latin origin and comes from the word "koltju" although we do not know where this word comes from or what it means. This is one of the oldest farms in the area.
The Coz residence we see today was built by the Colz family in 1604. The residential part was renovated in 1996/97. The Colz family sold the farm to the Winkler family from St. Lorenzen in 1695 and they sold it to Jakob Irsara in 1754 and his family still own the farm.
The house is a rectangular form and a hipped roof with two wings. The decorations in the house chapel are very valuable; built in 1613 we can see scenes from the creation, the life of Moses, the Crucifixion and the copper snake. On the external wall we can see two saints; St. Christopher and St. Florian.
In addition to the living quarters there are also smaller buildings such as the corn silo, the smithy and the fodder store.
Now the Coz residence is privat and can be visited outside doing the culture trail in Badia.
Phone: +39 0471 839695
Show in Google maps