The Braies/Prags valley
Central located in the world famous Dolomites, the valle di Braies/Pragser Tal valley exudes a unique charm and an almost magnetic pull. By taking advantage of public transport, visitors and guests can comfortably and relaxingly visit this Alpine paradise whilst also making a contribution to protecting the environment of this idyllic UNESCO World Heritage gem. After all, our environment is a precious commodity that deserves protection.
From Corvara/Alta Badia to the Braies/Prags valley with public transport, bus-train-bus
- Take bus 460 to the train station S. Lorenzo di Sebato/St. Lorenzen.
- Take the train to Villabassa/Niederdorf. From here, walk just 4 minutes to the “Von-Kurz-Platz” bus stop.
- Continue onward with bus line 442 to lago di Braies/Pragser Wildsee lake.
Bus and train timetables can be found
The following two options are open to visitors starting from the pay & display car park near Ferrara/Schmieden (about 5 km from the Braies/Prags lake).
- Hike from Ferrara/Schmieden to lago di Braies/Pragser Wildsee lake (hiking trail no. 1, duration approx. 1 ½ hours).
- Continue onward with the bus line 442 or shuttle bus service Monguelfo/Welsberg – lago di Braies/Pragser Wildsee lake.
Attention: Parking in Braies/Prags is limited!
Exceptions to road closings: permits (vouchers) for guests from restaurants (at the road barrier: table reservations with advanced down payment possible)