Multi-day trekking on the Alta Badia high route
The Alta Badia Alpine Ridgeway (Alta Via dell'Alta Badia, roughly 77 km in length) enables hikers to experience the Alta Badia Alpine valley from above.
The route offers a breathtaking unspoiled scenery of the UNESCO-protected Puez-Odle and Fanes-Senes-Braies Nature Parks, as well as the Sella massif.
This multi-day circular hike for expert hikers takes about seven days and passes through the villages of Corvara, Colfosco, Badia and La Villa. You can start in any village along the route and hike clockwise as well as anti-clockwise.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it