Fresh snow descent from Val Mezdì valley in the Sella group
The ski tour through the Mezdì Valley is one of the classics among the off-piste itineraries in the Dolomites. The tour runs from south to north and is characterized by a short crossing of the Sella-massif with only little difference in height, and by a steep and technical descent to Colfosco, through this narrow valley in the middle of the rocks.
- The tour is classified as moderate, but it should not be underestimated, as it can be very demanding in case of wind or icy snow.
- It is recommended to be accompanied by a local alpine guide.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it