Snowshoe hike through the Armentarola/Saré meadows
This relatively easy snowshoe hike, with little variation in altitude, goes through the Armentarola meadows in San Cassiano as far as the Valparola Pass and is ideal for anyone looking for something a bit different for half a day.
Snow-covered meadows and fantastic views await the hiker. You can gaze all around from the Setsas to the Col di Lana, from the Sass de Putia to the Sassongher, from the Lavarella to the Conturines and Lagazuoi. And when, in late afternoon, the sun tinges the peaks of the Dolomites with pink or red, the natural spectacle is simply perfect.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it