Road bike tour to the passo delle Erbe/Würzjoch
Auf der Tour zum Würzjoch erstürmen Roadbiker einen der wohl weniger bekannten Südtiroler Alpenpässe. Dieser liegt auf rund 2000 m und verbindet das Gadertal mit dem Eisacktal.
The passo delle Erbe is one of the most beautiful scenery of the Dolomites. The green meadows on the northern edge of the Puez – Odle Nature Park and the imposing Dolomite peaks accompany the cyclists during the tour which is not between the most famous itineraries in the area but for sure it is among the most impressive ones.
Starting the tour from Alta Badia you cycle on relatively low-traffic roads with some spectacular panoramic view and at times technically challenging. On the way to the Passo delle Erbe there are a few sharp hairpin turn and some steep climbs with gradients of up to 16%.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Parkmöglichkeit in Badia