The international ski touring night marathon, is a team race for trained ski tourers
The Sellaronda Skimarathon, the international touring ski competition by night across the Dolomite passes of Campolongo, Pordoi, Sella and Gardena, is a competition for teams of two. It is a technically challenging competition which is suitable only for expert skiers in this discipline.
Equipped with touring skis, sealskins and a head torch, competitors ski on the wonderful Dolomite ski slopes by night, passing through the villages of Corvara, Arabba, Canazei and Selva Gardena, which take it in turns to host the start and finish every year.
The athlethes participanting in the Sellarond Skimarathon have to manage 42 km (26mi) with approx. 2,700 m (8858ft) of altitude difference.
The endurance race is only for highly trained skiers who have to be prepared for unsafe tracks and changing weather conditions.
The 2022 winter edition of the Sellaronda Skimarathon has started and finished in Alta Badia - Corvara.
18:00 - Start of the 25. Sellaronda Skimarathon
20:55 approx. - Arrival of the first teams in the ice stadium of Corvara
23:30 approx. - official prize giving ceremony at the tennis hall of Corvara
* Campolongo Pass: (road) between 18.25 - 19.00 (first/last team)
* Arabba/Fodom: between 18.40 - 19.35
* Pordoi Pass: between 19.15 - 20.50
* Canazei/Val di Fassa: between 19.25 - 21.10
* Sella Pass/Rifugio Salei: between 20.00 - 22.20
* Selva/Valgardena: between 20.10 - 22.40
* Gardena Pass/Dantercepies: between 20.50 - 00.10