Via Ferrata Les Cordes
The via ferrata Les Cordes, classified as medium to moderate, is a climb with great view points. The via ferrata was built on the edge of the Puez – Odle Nature Park along a centuries-old route.
Many, many years ago, the farmers of La Villa brought their cows and horses to the Gherdenacia plateau on very steep path. The trail was much steeper and more demanding than all the paths that today lead to the Gherdenacia Plateau. The path was called "les cordes" (Ladin for "the ropes").
In 2019 a via ferrata, also called "Les Cordes", was built along this route. The starting point of the via ferrata can be easily reached with the Gardenaccia chairlift. From the mountain station of the chairlift it is than only about 5 minutes to the start.
Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
Brunico - 37 Km
Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
Innsbruck - 130 km
Munich – 330 km
Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
Verona – 213 km
Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.