Speed hiking Corvara - Col Pradat
Our valley has a wealth of scenic places for trail running, i.e. running on unsurfaced trails. Amid the meadows and forests, at the foot of the imposing peaks of the Dolomites, running is the very best way to experience nature.
The especially sporty, fast version of trail running is called speed hiking. The route suggested here starts in Corvara and is particularly suitable for speed hiking: the first part goes across gentle meadows and the last, steep part through the forest.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it