Road Bike Tour to the Furcia Pass
The Furcia Pass Tour is an interesting alternative way of exploring South Tyrol by heading north from Alta Badia. This stretch has formed part of the famous Giro d'Italia several times and is perfect for training on.
Route: From Pederoa head north on the main road 244 down to Piccolino and Longega. Here you turn off to the right and ride gently uphill on the main road as far as San Vigilio and then on a flat road to Marebbe. Just before the centre of Marebbe head for the Furcia Pass, first climbing gently and then with gradients of 10 % or even 15 %. The road to the Furcia Pass is narrow and has some sharp bends. When you reach the pass (1,758 m), the road winds down again to Valdaora di Sotto. Then you continue gently up and down around the Plan de Corones until you come to Riscone and San Stefano. From here, the gradient is slight to moderate as far as Pliscia. You then head down to Longega, from where you return to Pederoa on the 244 road.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it