Natural toboggan run "Tru liösa Foram" in San Cassiano
The Tru Liösa Foram natural sledging trail starts on the Piz Sorega (2,003 m) and goes across fields and through woods beneath the Piz Sorega gondola lift to San Cassiano (1,537 m). The scenery along the route is quite enchanting: from the snowy Alpine pastures of the high plateau, you reach the Foram forest before a final spurt takes you down into the valley.
The average gradient on the sledging trail is about 10 to 15%. To keep sledging fans safe, 2.3 km of the sledging track has been protected with legally compliant timber edging.
The start of the trail can be reached by the Piz Sorega gondola lift from San Cassiano.
The following prices are valid for the lift Piz Sorega:
6 lift rides: 28,00 €
10 lift rides: 45,00 €
Single ticket: 5,80 € (reduced 5,20 €)
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it