Hike from the Gardena pass to the Puez - Odle Nature Park
The Puez-Odle Nature Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is also known as "the witness to the geological history of the Dolomites". The natural park is particularly interesting from a geological and geomorphological point of view, with many typical rock formations and strata that are characteristic of the Dolomites.
The hike in the south-eastern part of the Puez-Odle Nature Park presents no great technical difficulties for hikers.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it