From San Cassiano/Sciaré to the Malga Valparola alp and to the Passo Valparola
This hike will take you from San Cassiano to the Malga Valparola alp, a historic site, where the mineral extracted in Livinallongo was transported, smelted and transformed into iron. The ruins of the smelting furnaces are now abandoned and in pieces. Today, only the German hut’s name “Eisenöfenalm“ (Hut of the Iron Furnaces), serves as a reminder of the economic prosperity, now long gone but once enjoyed by this extraordinarily picturesque place.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
32T 727512 5159820
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.