Excursion from San Cassiano to Badia through Santa Croce
This easy hike through flower-filled meadows, pastureland and woods between San Cassiano and Badia, passes along the feet of the Sas dla Crusc/Sasso di Santa Croce and presents wonderful views of the Marmolada, Sella massif, Puez and Sass de Pütia.
The unspoiled scenery, unique flora of the Dolomites and glimpses of game such as chamois and roe deer make this hike an unforgettable experience.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it