Alto Adige
Top

Search accommodation

Booking enquiry

Send

Church of Santa Caterina/Heilige Katharina

Corvara

Opening times

01.01.2018 - 31.12.2018MoTuWeThFrSaSu
07:00 AM - 07:00 PM

The parish church Saint Catherine of Alexandria, mentioned in 1347 and consecrated in 1452, is the first church of Corvara. In the small church, built in late gothic style, you can admire some admirable works of art.


For example, there are some frescoes and a winged altar dating back to 1520, the only well-preserved winged altar in the Val Badia valley. The altar was realized by the workshop of Ruprecht Potsch and was restored in 1975. The legend tells, that the landscape paintings on the two panels of the altar are by the famous painter Titian, who was probably in Corvara for a short time. Art experts attribute the work to an artist from the so-called Danube School, Albrecht Altdorfer.


Around the church there is, as usual in our alpine area, the village cemetery.

Church of Santa Caterina/Heilige Katharina
Str. Col Alt
Corvara 39033
corvara@altabadia.org
Phone: +39 0471 836134
http://www.altabadia.org
Show in Google maps