Summer in the Italian Alps
Summer holidays in the Dolomites of Alta Badia are varied and exciting
South Tyrol to the south of the Alps gets 300 sunny days per year: ideal prerequisites for perfect holidays. Thanks to its high altitude location between 1,300 and 3,000 metres (4,265 - 9,842 ft) above sea level, Alta Badia also gets lots of sun but the climate is pleasantly mild. This creates the perfect summer conditions for outdoor holidays.
This is summer in Alta Badia:
- Summer in Alta Badia is sunny and mild, ideal for trekking, biking and other outdoor activities
- Summer in Alta Badia is intact nature surrounded by the UNESCO World Heritage Dolomites
- Summer in Alta Badia is warm hospitality and great food: Alta Badia has combined the South Tyrolean traditions skillfully with the Italian food culture
Surrounded by mountains and nature, it is obvious that one mostly wants to do one thing when on holidays in Alta Badia's Dolomites - to be active outdoors, to hike, cycle, play golf, go mountain climbing or paragliding.
Alta Badia's villages offer swimming ponds, animal parks and children's playgrounds to spend a relaxing day out in nature.
In Alta Badia, you come face to face with the exciting nature of the Dolomites - meadows, pastures, high plateaus and natural parks surround the six green villages and form a smooth transition to the majestic Dolomite peaks that emerged from the sea as coral reefs millions of years ago.
Of course, summer in Alta Badia also means wellness and pleasure and that means:
- the intact nature of the Dolomites which gives energy, power and enables one to relax.
- warm hospitality which makes visitors feel welcome
- traditional South Tyrolean cuisine that inspires every gourmet
- qualified wellness-centres that combine ancient treatments with modern techniques
- inviting shops selling bacon and select wines from South Tyrol, works of art and sporting equipment as well as trendy fashion
Summer holidays in Alta Badia bring new activities and experiences every day; simply visit us and enjoy the sun and the mountains.