Relaxed and safe winter holidays
We are working hard to provide a safe holiday destination for you in Alta Badia
We are working hard to provide a safe holiday destination for you in Alta Badia. The ski season will feel a little different this year, but it will be as beautiful and relaxing as ever.
The safety of everyone is our highest priority
South Tyrol’s political and public health authorities, in collaboration with the business associations of Alta Badia, have drawn up uniform guidelines with the aim of ensuring the health and safety of guests, employees and the population at large. These guidelines are constantly reviewed and updated.
Information about holiday and safety measures in South Tyrol
Ski lifts and cable cars
130 km of wide and perfectly groomed slopes are waiting for you in Alta Badia. Thanks to the central location and the direct ski connections in the Dolomiti Superski skiing carousel, you have the opportunity to indulge to your heart’s content your love of skiing on 500 km of slopes.
The lift facilities that serve our ski slopes include short and fast cable cars, which take you from the villages to the plateaus, comfortable and modern multi-seater chair lifts, as well as some ski lifts.
The ski lifts in percentage
77% chair lifts and ski lifts - 23% gondola lifts (including 1 cable car)
A total of 21 access points to the ski area - one of the largest in the Dolomiti Superski carousel with slopes which lead directly down to the valley - make it possible for you to start your skiing day, as it were, directly from your room.
And don't forget: Alta Badia is situated directly on the slopes of the Sellaronda and the First World War ski tour.
At the ski lifts the following safety measures are being implemented
- Access to the ski lifts is organised in such a way that social distancing between skiers can be guaranteed.
- Distance markers are placed on the ground in front of the ticket counters and at the entrances to the lifts.
- The lifts and access areas are cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Protective barriers have been installed between customers and sales staff.
- Starting from winter 2020 - 2020, the Skier's map will be active. The map-app makes it possible to see the slopes of Dolomiti Superski on the 3D ski map and/or via the app and it also displays the frequency of skiers at the lifts and thus allows you to evaluate any waiting times at the lifts.
“We Care About You” reflectes Dolomiti Superski’s commitment to making customer access to lifts and slopes as quick and convenient as possible. For this reason, dolomitisuperski.com now features an online shop, which allows nearly every type of ski pass to be purchased online so that you can avoid queues and start your day of skiing quickly and easily.
- If you already have a My DolomitiCard, the ski pass can be loaded directly onto the MyDolomiti Skicard, or purchased with a voucher in the ski pass offices. You can also pick up your pass from the pick-up boxes - you will find this at the entrance to the ski pass offices.
Skipass refund policy
- For the 2020/2021 winter season, however, Dolomiti Superski has developed a system of guarantees that will ensure right from the beginning the maximum transparency and safety for everyone who wants to purchase a seasonal or a multi-day ski pass. Those who decide to purchase a Dolomiti Superski seasonal ski pass will be ensured certain guarantees in the event of a lockdown of at least 10 consecutive days, at various territorial levels – whether there is a total lockdown or the in case of total closure of one of the 12 ski areas in which villages the user resides or lodges. Within 30 days from the start of the lockdown or closure, the passholder may exercise this right of withdrawal, if not yet used its seasonal ski pass for 40 days, by filling out an online form. By doing so, the refund procedure will start, and the ski pass will be deactivated. Alternatively, the user can decide to keep his ski pass active and therefore continue skiing until the end of the season in the open ski areas. In this case there will be no refund.
The refund threshold for Dolomiti Superski seasonal ski passes will decrease in relation to the remaining duration of the season every two weeks, starting from 15th December 2020.
More information about the 2020-2021 ski season and the refund of the ski pass.
The mostly family-run small and medium sized accommodation facilities in Alta Badia have always placed great importance on cleanliness and hygiene.
Since this summer, the following measures have been in force:
- Common areas and access areas are to be organised to ensure the required minimum distance.
- Minimum distance between tables and seats or partitions.
- Hand sanitisers in the entrance area and in other areas of the establishment.
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of the premises with appropriate products.
- Flexible cancellation policy in the event of ski area closure, a government travel ban or imposed quarantine.
Overview of the current safety measures.
Cancellation policies defined by the local Hotel Association (HGV)
Cancellation policies defined by the local Hotel Association (HGV)
The local tourist association (HGV) has given the following guidelines regarding the cancellation conditions.
1) Cancellation of a booking for various / personal reasons up to 3 weeks before arrival:
No cancellation penalties are applied and the amount of the deposit is retained for a future stay.
Example: the guest has booked the week from 16 to 23 January 2021. If he decides to cancel this reservation by 25 December 2020, no further costs are required and the deposit can be used for a new stay.
2) Cancellation of a reservation for various / personal reasons in the 3 weeks prior to the guest's arrival:
The accommodation applies its own cancellation policy set out in the accommodation offer and on the homepage.
Example: the guest has booked the week from 16 to 23 January 2021. If the cancellation is communicated in the period from 26 December to 16 January 2021, the structure will proceed as per its cancellation conditions.
3) Cancellation of a reservation due to force majeure (closure of the region, closure of borders, lockdown)
In this case, the amount paid as a deposit will be returned.
It is advisable to take out a travel insurance with Covid-19 coverage and to check directly with the accommodation the cancellation conditions applied.
We are all in this together, and each of us is personally responsible for all of us!
In the past few months we have got used to leading a different kind of daily life, more aware and more responsible. Accepting personal responsibility and a few simple rules will help you to enjoy a safe and carefree vacation.
And let’s not forget: skiing is an outdoor activity and fresh air is good for your body and soul. Other important think: the necessary equipment (gloves, skis, ski mask, etc.) is perfectly in line with social distancing.
- Maintain a distance of at least one meter from other people.
- Always carry a face mask with you which covers your mouth and nose, and always wear it if the minimum distance cannot be maintained.
- A greeting can be very warm even without a hug or handshake. It’s not without reason that the eyes are known as the mirror of the soul.
Face masks covering mouth and nose are mandatory in the following places and situations (regardless of the minimum distance):
- at the ski pass sales points;
- in the entrance areas of the ski lifts;
- when getting on and off the lifts as well as during the entire ride;
- in mountain refuges and restaurants (though not at table);
- in ski rental/depots and stores;
- In ski buses.
Simple hygiene measures help: wash or sanitise your hands thoroughly and regularly.
Hand sanitisers are available at the lift stations, in stores and rentals, in restaurants and in accommodation establishments.
During the winter of 2020 - 2021 we will again be organising a series of events in Alta Badia with a focus on gastronomy and local traditions.
To meet the necessary safety standards, we have decided to limit the number of participants who can attend each event.
Reservations can be made at the tourist offices in Alta Badia.
Appointments not to be missed
*Sommelier on the Slopes 15.12.2020, 12.01.2021, 26.01. 2021, 02.02. 2021, 23.02. 2021, 06.03. 2021, 16.03. 2021
*Wine Skisafari 21.03. 2021