Winter hike La Val - Prati di Rît meadows
From the centre of the village of La Val, follow the marked trail no. 6 as far as the St Barbara’s Church (1,509 m). From here, the trail continues to the left and goes through the hamlets of Ciablun (1,572 m), Runch (1,600 m) and Biei (1,613 m). From Biei, you continue towards the forest, where trail no. 6 takes you on to the Lé de Rit (1,865 m) and the Crusc da Rit (2,027 m), before you come back to the wayside cross and follow trail no. 13 through meadows and mountain-pine forests to the hunter’s cabin. From here you set off on trail no. 16 to Pares (2,384 m). To go back down, you walk from the hunter’s cabin on marked trail no. 16, then no. 15 and finally back on trail no. 6 into the village.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
32T 723691 5171301
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.