Winter Hike from La Val to La Cialciara and Santa Croce
A lovely winter hike past the beautiful Prati dell'Armentara meadows and the pilgrimage site of Santa Croce.
Route: From La Val, you set off towards La Cialciara above Furnacia on trail no. 15A. Following this through the woods, you reach the beautiful Prati dell'Armentara meadows and the pilgrimage site of Santa Croce, the highest point on the hike.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it