Snowshoe Hike Spëscia – Sas dla Crusc/Sasso di Santa Croce
A lovely snowshoe hike through beautiful scenery and past mighty rock faces. Route: The route starts on trail no. 13A and later follows trail no. 15B at the foot of the Sasso di Santa Croce.
The impressive rock faces continue as far as Santa Croce. Here you can pause for refreshments at the hut of the same name. A short diversion to the pilgrimage church is a must, before you set off on your way back via the Via Crucis to La Val.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it