Snowshoe hike San Cassiano - Piz Sorega - Pralongiá
Extremly enjoyable excursion which, from Piz Sorega/San Cassiano crosses the white meadows of Pralongiá.
The panorama is spectacular, stretching as it does from the Lavarela to the Lagazuoi, the Marmolada glacier to the "Grup dl Sela", from Puez to Pütia, and looking North, right up to the glaciers of the Central Alps on their border with Austria.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it