Snowshoe excursion on the Hunter’s Trail towards the Cherz Plateau
On this easy hike through forests and fields, you can experience the magic of winter in the Dolomites at close quarters.
The Cherz Plateau, between the villages of Corvara, La Villa and S.Cassiano, offers a 360° panoramic view over the surrounding Dolomites. It also an outstanding viewpoint for the Marmolada glacier.
Before heading out on the hike check the weather forecast and the avalanche report http://www.arpa.veneto.it/neve_valanghe/it/pdf/dolomiti_nevevalanghe.pdf.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it