Sella Ronda road bike tour
The Sellaronda circuit round the Sella massif has long been a winter favourite. However, in recent years the Sellaronda circuit has also become a popular challenge for cyclists. The twisty Alpine roads at the foot of the Dolomite peaks are like a dream come true for racing cyclists. The gradients on the circuit are mostly between 8 and 10 %, it is classed as moderately difficult. The asphalt roads are mostly in good condition, although there are small potholes on some sections.
Jedes Jahr werden für die beiden Rad-Veranstaltungen Sellaronda Bike Day und Maratona dles Dolomites die Pässe rund um den Sella-Stock gesperrt.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Parkmöglichkeit in Corvara