Rit - Biei Natural Toboggan Run
This panoramic toboggan run plunges visitors into an unspoiled winter wonderland. The Rit meadows, which in summer delight hikers with their lush and varied flowers, are popular in winter for their Alpine slopes covered with snow.
You reach the start of the slope by walking for about one hour from La Val. Follow trail no. 6 passing near Santa Berbura church, then turn left to reach the hamlets of Ciablun, Runch and Biei. Continuing on the same trail, and going slightly uphill, you walk towards the woods arriving to the Lé de Rit lake. From here, the relatively easy toboggan trail takes you down with a few exciting bends to the hamlet of Biei.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it