Hike from La Val – St Barbara’s Church (Chiesa Santa Barbara)
Easy hike to St Barbara's Church.
Route: From the parish church in the hiking village La Val, head towards the fire station and then turn left towards Cians. At the first bend, the Memento Vivere meditation path begins. The route continues for a short distance further on asphalt and then the trail becomes rougher and passes through the larch wood Bosch da Crosta to St Barbara’s Church.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it