From La Crusc/S.Croce to the “Snow cave“ and return to Badia
A marvellous walk at the foot of the imposing walls of the Sas dla Crusc mountain passing through the woods to admire the vast flowering meadows of Armentara. Advisable is a brief stop at the “Snow cave“ at the foot of the Piza dales Diesc summit. This is a fascinating natural cave, carved out of the snow formed from the water which, during the thaw and the summer storms, runs down from the Piza dales Diesc peak after winters with much snow.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
32T 724998 5166513
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.