Dolomites Bike Day Tour
The Dolomites Bike Day Route is a panoramic circuit of about 50 km that takes the cyclists on some of the epic stages of the "Giro d'Italia" and the Maratona dles Dolomites roadbike marathon. You will cyclie on legendary mountain passes in the heart of the Dolomites UNESCO World Heritage.
There are several routes that extend between South Tyrol and Veneto and that every cyclist can choose independently depending on ability and condition.
Once a year, usually in mid-June, the Campolongo, Falzarego and Valparola passes are closed to motorized traffic from 9 am to 3 pm. On this special day the roads connecting the Ladin valleys Val Badia, Livinallongo and Ampezzo are reserved exclusively for cyclists.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it