Circular Hike La Val - Rit Meadows
This panoramic hike offers a unique view of the village of La Val and the north face of Sas dla Crusc/Santa Croce.
The destination of the excursion, the Rit meadows - part of the Fanes-Senes-Braies Nature Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, are an expression of intact natural surroundings, peace and quiet.
From the centre of La Val (1353 m) follow path no. 6 (meditation path) to the small church of Santa Berbura. Climb up on the left along the same path to the farmsteads Ciablun, Runch and Biei (1612 m). You can also reach Biei by car. From here you continue to follow trail no. 6 to reach the Ju de Rit pass (1865 m) and the Lêch de Rit lake (protected biotope).
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it