Armentara MTB Tour
An easy mountain biking tour with some comfortable ups and downs.
Route: This easy mountain biking tour, starting in La Val village centre, is marked "Roda de Armentara" all the way. The first climb takes you up to the Ranch hut (1,863 m), then down to the Sura Valgiarei (1,786 m), where you will also see the little Lêch de Valacia pond. You continue on to Valgiarei (1,592 m); from here a track through the woods takes you to Arciara (1,560 m). Then you follow the asphalt road back to the centre of the village.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it