Museum Forte Tre Sassi
The museum Forte Tre Sassi at the Valparola pass offers interesting insights into the history of the First World War on the Dolomite front.
The fortress was built in 1897 to defend the southern borders of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Modernized in 1910, it proved to be inadequate against the attacks of the enemy's artillery and 1915 the fortress was laid in ruins. From 2000 onwards, various restoration works were carried out and now the fortress houses a museum where arms, equipment and objects of the soldier's life during the First World War are exhibited.
Access: entrance fee. For museum visitors a large car park is available.
Tel. +39 0436 861112